How to write better?

alangrin

How to write better?

Post by alangrin » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:35 pm

What are your greatest writing tips?

dave4

Re: How to write better?

Post by dave4 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:37 pm

One of my tricks that works for me, i don't always do this when I have a solid idea in my head, i listen to sad music if i want a sad scene or happy upbeat music for a similar mood, then again a random playlist sometimes directs my flow of emotions of my characters in the up and down.

johnnyy

Post by johnnyy » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:39 pm

a good writer is a good observer.

denj

Post by denj » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:40 pm

You need to be able to really feel what you write. For example, I'm writing a piece titled "Reflections on Life by the Wife of an Addict" about exactly that, a drug-addicted rockstar's wife reflecting on her life (with him) 30 years on from his death. A few days before I started writing it, my boyfriend (a her*in addict) was sent to rehab for a year, and I could really put myself in the wife's shoes and thoroughly explain how she felt, having been in that situation myself. If you're writing intense emotions, you need to be able to know how those emotions actually feel and impact a person. Never try to depict and emotion (in detail) that you have never felt. You can ask someone else who HAS felt that way for a description, but if either you haven't felt it or you don't have a description of how it truly feels, find another emotion to use.

luckyjack

Post by luckyjack » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:42 pm

I try to read more to improve my writigs but I think it's ok to use some help of lab report writing services. They have pro team of writers and provide proofreading and grammar check services. Writers are undergraduate/graduate level and writing quality is superb. Average response time for website’s support is 1 hour. So convy, they helped me a lot with my writings and lab reports.