Rumba Marlin Extruder don't work

Bubba_BO

Rumba Marlin Extruder don't work

Post by Bubba_BO » Fri May 22, 2015 8:45 pm

I've got a Rumba.
My rumba works with external bigger drivers, because my printer is a old retrofitted CNC macine.
I've load Marlin Firmaware on my Rumba: echo:Marlin1.0.0
FIRMWARE_NAME:Marlin V1; Sprinter/grbl mashup for gen6 FIRMWARE_URL:https://github.com/ErikZalm/Marlin/ PROTOCOL_VERSION:1.0 MACHINE_TYPE:Rumba EXTRUDER_COUNT:1 UUID:00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
All work, axes, endstop, heater, termistor with repetier host 1.0.6.
Only the extruder don't work.
I verified that the hermistor read the temperature, and when it arrive to the temp, the warning message of cold extruder, desappear and, in the scorrling code, appear the G1 E100 F.1200 ...... so the software work in the right way I mean.
I just try to comment the line regarding cold extrusion, and now I can read the code string work also when extruder is cold ..... but extruder don't move.
I just try to move the E (stepo-dir) connector to an axes drive, and the axes is stop.
I try to move the X (step-dir) connector on E driver and moving X the extruder work.
So I can delete any idea regarding the connection and the group driver-stepper.
It seems me like a pin error (oe on firmware or on board) or something disable the E axes.
Remember the G1 E100 F.1200 string launched by the button of the manual extrusion, compare during the auto scrolling.
Trying to print auto, everything work, but not the extruder. The same of manual command.
What it can be ??????
Many thanks to all.

zhangxueyou

Re: Rumba Marlin Extruder don't work

Post by zhangxueyou » Sat May 23, 2015 8:40 am

For Geeetech's firmware for Ramps and Sanguinololu, the extruder motor can not move unless extruder temperature is more than 180 degrees to protect motor. I don't know if it's the same for your own firmware.

Bubba_BO

Post by Bubba_BO » Sat May 23, 2015 5:37 pm

I have more than 180 degrees.
I also don't have the warning message of cold extrude during manual operation.
I can see the string "G1 E100 F1200" every time I push the video button of manual extrusion on repetier host screen.
In print mode, I'm awaiting until the extruder becomes hot, then the print start.
I can see the machine move all axes right, but the extruder stay stop, so I can't print anything.
The machine move like as printing, but without extruding.
I just verified all connection and the driver, the motor so the extruder works, if it's not connect on E0 step dir port.
I Tryied also commenting the string relative to the "cold extrusion", so I made the warning message desappear also hot end is cold, trying to bypass the temperature control.
No difference.
It seems me that there is something wrong on firmware (not regarding language : no error comes back during arduino ide programming) but seem something disable E.
Like pin error or I don' t know.
Where I can looking for other thing to be verified ?

Many thanks to all.

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Mon May 25, 2015 9:45 am

Bubba_BO wrote:I have more than 180 degrees.
I also don't have the warning message of cold extrude during manual operation.
I can see the string "G1 E100 F1200" every time I push the video button of manual extrusion on repetier host screen.
In print mode, I'm awaiting until the extruder becomes hot, then the print start.
I can see the machine move all axes right, but the extruder stay stop, so I can't print anything.
The machine move like as printing, but without extruding.
I just verified all connection and the driver, the motor so the extruder works, if it's not connect on E0 step dir port.
I Tryied also commenting the string relative to the "cold extrusion", so I made the warning message desappear also hot end is cold, trying to bypass the temperature control.
No difference.
It seems me that there is something wrong on firmware (not regarding language : no error comes back during arduino ide programming) but seem something disable E.
Like pin error or I don' t know.
Where I can looking for other thing to be verified ?

Many thanks to all.
I don't know if this could help you.
In "configuration.h" of firmware, there is a value for disabling extruder:
QQ截图20150525094324.png
QQ截图20150525094324.png (1.41 KiB) Viewed 8765 times
Hope it can help you.

Bubba_BO

Post by Bubba_BO » Tue May 26, 2015 5:16 pm

Thankyou for help.
I' ve finally find the trouble.
There was a cold weld on the connector from rumba to driver on the E cable.
Sometimes work and sometimes not. Depend from the position of cable.
I have verified it with a tester, I made new weld and now all working good ......
Sorry for lose time .....