Extruder problems

Kuryu

Extruder problems

Post by Kuryu » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:23 pm

Hi
I have the same problem of this link
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 14&t=16050

With spring 100% stretching the engine makes a noise as it would be jammed, if I push the filament with my hand and help everything goes well, if I push the spring stop making noise and the wheel tooth slide in the filament, do not push

The temp:250c for Abs

I think it can be solved increasing the intensity of electricity, on the chip regulator. What do you think?

The machine is i3 acr, 0,3 and filament 1,76 abs and motheboard is a sangui.
All jumps ok
All chips ok
The temp is ok

john

Re: Extruder problems

Post by john » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:45 am

Please adjust the screw next to the filament hole, it makes the pressure between wheel and filament to be tight or loose.
Sometimes a high temperature is useful.

Darpa

Post by Darpa » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:20 am

I'm having terrible problems with my extruder it works for a while then stops and makes a clicking noise that constantly interrupts the flow almost as if the motor is jammed and my basket keeps bending on long prints I think I need to make a new basket is does anyone have a file to print a new basket for the I3 ?

Darpa

Post by Darpa » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:53 pm

I have had to use Makerbot parts to replace geeetech parts this machine is so shit it's unbelievable and don't expect any customer service. :evil:

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:25 am

Darpa wrote:I have had to use Makerbot parts to replace geeetech parts this machine is so shit it's unbelievable and don't expect any customer service. :evil:
Sorry for replying you so late. If you want to print the extruder holder or other plastic parts, you can go to this page:
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 14&t=16098

Robo Techy

Post by Robo Techy » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:54 am

I am having issue with my 3mm extruders. I have a Pursa I3 c dual extruder and have read that many others have the same issue. The extruder works for a bit after I push filament through it, then seems to jam and the stepper makes the popping sound as it stalls. If I push on the filiment just before starting a job, it works okay for a few levels, but it always stalls after a while and I get a half printed part.

* I have taken the extruder apart to align things (found #0 gear was loose).
* I have set the extruder driver(s) to 1.24 volts,
* I am running the temperature at 250c (w/ ABS).
* I have the tension set screw backed off all the way
* I have set the feed rate from 95mm down to 10mm feed rates in testing
* I have sliced with slic3r in both native mode (in config screen) and from Repetier for gcode builds
* I have set the path for slic3r config(s) in Repetier so the ini files are the same as slic3r config
* I have leveled the heat bed and set the extruder hight
* I tried 1mm feed rate after it was jammed in manual mode (made a longer delay between pops)
* The issue happens with both left #0 and right #1 extruders.
* When it starts popping, I can push on the filiment and get it to work for a short time.
* I also tried changing the heads from 0.35mm to 0.5 and still have the same issue.
-----
With the head off and holding down the filament load lever, I can not get a 3mm probe all the way through. It is like the hob tube changes from 3mm to 2mm. Could it be that there is a wrong part inside the extruder filament path and it was not fully setup from Geetech for 3mm?

Please help

Robo Techy

Post by Robo Techy » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:56 am

Darpa, which parts did you use from your makerbot that fixed it?

Mark

Post by Mark » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:29 pm

Robo Techy » 05 Aug 2015 03:54

I am having issue with my 3mm extruders. I have a Pursa I3 c dual extruder and have read that many others have the same issue. The extruder works for a bit after I push filament through it, then seems to jam and the stepper makes the popping sound as it stalls. If I push on the filiment just before starting a job, it works okay for a few levels, but it always stalls after a while and I get a half printed part.

* I have taken the extruder apart to align things (found #0 gear was loose).
* I have set the extruder driver(s) to 1.24 volts,
* I am running the temperature at 250c (w/ ABS).
* I have the tension set screw backed off all the way
* I have set the feed rate from 95mm down to 10mm feed rates in testing
* I have sliced with slic3r in both native mode (in config screen) and from Repetier for gcode builds
* I have set the path for slic3r config(s) in Repetier so the ini files are the same as slic3r config
* I have leveled the heat bed and set the extruder hight
* I tried 1mm feed rate after it was jammed in manual mode (made a longer delay between pops)
* The issue happens with both left #0 and right #1 extruders.
* When it starts popping, I can push on the filiment and get it to work for a short time.
* I also tried changing the heads from 0.35mm to 0.5 and still have the same issue.
-----
With the head off and holding down the filament load lever, I can not get a 3mm probe all the way through. It is like the hob tube changes from 3mm to 2mm. Could it be that there is a wrong part inside the extruder filament path and it was not fully setup from Geetech for 3mm?

Please help
Hi,Robo Techy .
1) " It is like the hob tube changes from 3mm to 2mm. Could it be that there is a wrong part inside the extruder filament path and it was not fully setup from Geetech for 3mm? "
Could you please tell me the order number ,so that we can check if the parts are wrong or right. It will be better if take some pictures for me to see what it looks like ;

2)You can try using a fan to cool down the extruder moter driver(4988),see if it works;

3) maybe you can try not plug in the fliament,and tell me if the moter working well or not.

Robo Techy

Post by Robo Techy » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:31 am

I have confirmed the extruder drivers are not over-heating. Please referrer to ebay echeck1113 message to find the order number and other posts in the forum about what I found with your 3mm extruders.

Mark

Post by Mark » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:21 pm

Hi, sorry about your trouble. you can contact the customer service ,they will help to solve your problem, tks