sanguinololu board extruder motor issue

trahc

sanguinololu board extruder motor issue

Post by trahc » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:42 am

I have the I3 acrylic module. when I first hooked up everything the extruder motor would only run in one direction. then the motor just quit moving at all. I moved the plug from the extruder to the x axis and the x axis ran both right and left. I have a new motor now and the extruder will not move at all either way ( when I tell it to move under the move axis programing on the unit itself) . I moved the extruder plug to another motor it will not function either. I moved the wire and using the wire on other motors they work as expected. I moved the motor controller chip to another spot and that doesn't seem to be the problem either. something is not sending the signal to the extruder motor. can I get some sort of test procedure so I can trace it?

zhangxueyou

Re: sanguinololu board extruder motor issue

Post by zhangxueyou » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:05 am

Hi, trahc
The extruder motor can not move unless the temperature is higher than 175 degrees.

trahc

Post by trahc » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:13 pm

The temp is showing 180 and the extruder motor still doesn't run. It doesn't run if I comand it using the interface on the machine not does it run while trying to print a part

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:28 am

When you swap the wire of extruder motor and wire of other motor (x motor for example), does the extruder motor move but x motor not move?