Prusa i3 acrylic extruder ticking

mvdarend

Re: Prusa i3 acrylic extruder ticking

Post by mvdarend » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:43 am

It's still not working as I'd like, most jobs are failing halfway with nothing more being extruded and the extruder motor ticking.

I'd bought a couple of new nozzles, thinking that the one I had may be blocked, but the problem remained. So this evening I pulled everything apart again and noticed that my MK8 barrel doesn't have a teflon sleeve. Is it possible that I may have received a 3mm barrel instead of a 1.75mm one?

I ordered a spare barrel last week, hopefully it will be the answer to the problem.

buzmal

Post by buzmal » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:48 pm

I Have had all these problems also, its seems the mark 8 extruder is just shit in general. I have had some patchy success but a lot of failure. i have been trying for 6 months the rest of the printer is fine just the bloody extruder

Sherry

Post by Sherry » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:22 pm

buzmal wrote:I Have had all these problems also, its seems the mark 8 extruder is just shit in general. I have had some patchy success but a lot of failure. i have been trying for 6 months the rest of the printer is fine just the bloody extruder
hi,buzmal.regarding to extruder ticking,please check the whether gear of extruder could work smoothly.in addition ,did you reburn the upgaaded firmware?maybe it will help you solve the problem.

mrblank5

Post by mrblank5 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:40 am

i had/ have the same problem. i say have /had because sometimes the extruder doesn't click and some times it does. i found that if you just click extrude in what ever software you are using and adjust the potentiometer untill it stops clicking it works for a while. the problem i am having though is that my print prints out a few layers and then jams.

Mark

Post by Mark » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:38 pm

mvdarend » 周五 7月 03, 2015 6:01 am
I'm running into the same problem, extruder motor starts ticking halfway through a print and almost no more filament is extruded. After unscrewing the nozzle I can push the filament down and remove a 'plug' of filament which is most likely the cause of the blockage :)

The only thing that seems to help is to set the temperature much higher (220-230 degrees) then it seems to work (PLA 1.75 mm)

*Edit: Another thing. I noticed that the extruder motor was clicking when doing the infill, but not when doing the perimeters. After slowing the infill speed a little the problem was completely resolved. Now I'm having problems with a sagging extruder holder... :(
" slowing the infill speed a little the problem was completely resolved" if you slow the infill speed ,can you solve this problem too?