Layer shifting on A20M

delo2u

Layer shifting on A20M

Post by delo2u » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:03 am

I'm experiencing layer shifts on my prints no matter what I print I'm getting layer shift. I have determined that the layer shift is on the Y Axis. I've notice a churning noise coming from the Y Axis stepper motor. Thought it might be the belt so I took apart the bed and checked but the belt is fine. I then decided to take one of the stepper motors off my other printer and I replaced it with the Y axis motor of the A20M. Test prints with swapped motor printed good but I'm still getting that churning noise as if though it wants to skip but the other motor is printing fine. So I got in contact with the seller and explained the issue and asked him to send a replacement stepper motor. I'll have to wait till I get it to test with this one. just wondering if the problem might be with the stepper motor driver for the Y axis. has anyone experienced issues like this?
A20M 2.PNG
layer shift
A20M 2.PNG (273.74 KiB) Viewed 4010 times
A20M 1.JPG
layer shifting
A20M 1.JPG (108.02 KiB) Viewed 4010 times

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Re: Layer shifting on A20M

Post by _kaktus_ » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:09 pm

Hello.
:mrgreen:

This is a common problem for new printers and people gaining experience.

Its solution has already been described many times in this forum. ;)
If you go beyond your young subforum you will gain a lot of knowledge. :D
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.