Under extrusion on A20m

msnively

Under extrusion on A20m

Post by msnively » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:42 pm

I'm new to 3d printers. That said, I've tried to print from the SD card with the example Lizard and Dog prints. I've tried printing from Cura 3.6.0. From Octoprint. By Copying gcode files to the SD card, and printing from there. From EasyPrint 3d. From Retier..

Every time I print, it's underextruded. Theres no blockage. I've disassembled the jhead like 3 times, swapped out to a new nozzle.

I've checked every setting I could find. I've upped the extrusion values by 50% and still nothing.

I get this tiny wisp of filament extruding. Not enough to adhear to the bed.

I've tried temps from 180 up to 225 for PLA. And it makes no difference.

Could it be the extrusion motors/gears themselves?

This is a brand new unit. I've had it for about a week and a half, and I just can't a single print on this.

Out of the box it should be able to at LEAST print the 2 demo files on the SD card with no errors.

Any suggestions?

emil99

Re: Under extrusion on A20m

Post by emil99 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:28 pm

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem as you new unit 1 week old. It has been a nightmare and I really want to return it. I've raised this with geeetech tech support. Can someone help us? For me I have made some improvement by increasing the flow from 100% to 240% - that seems to work but I get excessive ooozing after this. Please note the I'm running the latest firmware. In parallel to this I'm trying the esteps increase from 340 to 540. Increasing that helps but now details are incomplete like round pillars and still get oozing. With the normal settings flow at 100% and esteps at 340 it is underextruding like crazy and never sticks to the bed.

Regards,
Emil

ichund3d

Post by ichund3d » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:20 am

Hi guys,
I've had an A20M for a few days now. I haven't found the right settings yet. I found out that I do not have the problem of bed adhesion when I work directly with cura, do not heat the bed, and print on crepe tape. Maybe it will help you too. In contrast to Repetier Host, cura doesn't give me the impression of being underextrusions.

With Repetier Host and cura engine it doesn't work so well. Unfortunately I find cura confusing, I also miss some settings, which I can't select in the setup. I think Repetier Host is much better to handle and it gives more information during printing. Unfortunately the printing doesn't work so well. I tried slicer "cura engine" and "slic3r". At one of them selection of the Extruders doesn't work, or it isn't heated.The other one doesn't print full material or the top layer is missing.

So I will still have to make many adjustment attempts, and must find the right software for me.

Regards,
ichund3d

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:50 am

msnively wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:42 pm
I'm new to 3d printers. That said, I've tried to print from the SD card with the example Lizard and Dog prints. I've tried printing from Cura 3.6.0. From Octoprint. By Copying gcode files to the SD card, and printing from there. From EasyPrint 3d. From Retier..

Every time I print, it's underextruded. Theres no blockage. I've disassembled the jhead like 3 times, swapped out to a new nozzle.

I've checked every setting I could find. I've upped the extrusion values by 50% and still nothing.

I get this tiny wisp of filament extruding. Not enough to adhear to the bed.

I've tried temps from 180 up to 225 for PLA. And it makes no difference.

Could it be the extrusion motors/gears themselves?

This is a brand new unit. I've had it for about a week and a half, and I just can't a single print on this.

Out of the box it should be able to at LEAST print the 2 demo files on the SD card with no errors.

Any suggestions?
Hi,
You can try to refer to the FAQ of the A20M at first.
Add the oil to the GTA2,,,
viewtopic.php?f=108&t=61882
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

emil99

Post by emil99 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:18 am

ichund3d wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:20 am
Hi guys,
I've had an A20M for a few days now. I haven't found the right settings yet. I found out that I do not have the problem of bed adhesion when I work directly with cura, do not heat the bed, and print on crepe tape. Maybe it will help you too. In contrast to Repetier Host, cura doesn't give me the impression of being underextrusions.

With Repetier Host and cura engine it doesn't work so well. Unfortunately I find cura confusing, I also miss some settings, which I can't select in the setup. I think Repetier Host is much better to handle and it gives more information during printing. Unfortunately the printing doesn't work so well. I tried slicer "cura engine" and "slic3r". At one of them selection of the Extruders doesn't work, or it isn't heated.The other one doesn't print full material or the top layer is missing.

So I will still have to make many adjustment attempts, and must find the right software for me.

Regards,
ichund3d
I have mostly sorted my underextrusion issues and now the printer works - It's only been 1 month of daily work/testing on it. I would recommend starting with the new firmware available on the geeetech website - Download section. Make sure you get the hex and install it via Cura. I tried the arduino option too but the config is different and it seems that the hex just works (link here: https://www.geeetech.com/download.html?version_id=72)

Once that is done the firmware will get new settings - Esteps should be 430 now and it seems to be working fine for me. Secondly I would recommend using repetier and the profile that geeetech uploaded in the same section on the 19 of February 2019 (too bad I got the printer before this was made available as it seems to be a good profile). Lastly make sure your head is properly alligned with the print bed. See the FAQ section. My choice of software so far cura and repetier. The only issue with cura outstanding for me is the fact that the wall seam is never in a straight line and the random option creates blobs and zits in the wall. Repetier doesn't do that but the overall print quality seems a bit better in cura.